As the Rolling Stones would say, "Please allow me to introduce myself..."
I started working as an editor in 2010, and I've worked with clients from all over the world while building my business through positive word-of-mouth and recommendations. I pride myself on being a friendly and sympathetic editor, providing clear and actionable feedback and my keen eye for detail.
My academic qualifications:
- PhD English Literature ('A Study of the Literary Culture of Craiglockhart War Hospital'), University of Edinburgh
- MSc Creative Writing (Distinction), University of Edinburgh
- MA Hons English with Music Studies (First Class), University of Aberdeen
- Awarded the Seafield Medal for academic excellence, University of Aberdeen
My professional qualifications:
- Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (Pass A)
- PGDE(S) English, University of Aberdeen
- Trained in proofreading and fiction editing by CIEP
- Trained in copyediting by Publishing Scotland
I live in the East Neuk of Fife, Scotland, and, when I'm not editing, you'll find me working on my own writing projects (a fiction novel and a non-fiction book of my PhD thesis), listening to music and watching films, and exploring the beautiful corner of Scotland that I live in.